When and how we collect personal information
The following are examples of how and when we collect personal information:
Data you give
- You place an order on our website.
- You ask us about our products.
- You return an item or make an exchange.
- You chat with us or contact customer support.
- You sign up for updates regarding your products.
- You register or activate your SpotOn System.
- You use our fence feature. You upload or post to the app.
Data we collect
- You visit and interact with our website. You view our newsletters.
- You use social media to access our products or services.
- You find us through a marketing promotion.
- You use our online services on your phone or with the SpotOn™ software.
- You update our app.
- You track the location of your pet.
Types of personal information we collect
Data you give
- Contact details Name, email address, billing address, shipping address, phone number
- Financial information Credit/debit card details, Paypal, Shop Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay. Please note that we do not retain or otherwise store payment information in our systems.
- Your feedback
Testimonials, product feedback, product quizzes, surveys or other web form submissions
- Contact details. Your name, email address, postal address, phone number. [icon] Login information Your login information including your password.
- Pet info Pet’s name and birth date. (Do pets have privacy rights?)
- Location information. Your precise location information when you enable it through your device operating system.
- Your fences. The fences you create and store in the app.
Data we collect
- Website analytics. From pixel tags and cookies. This collection includes the pages you visit, frequency of visits, the type of browser or computer operating system you use, and referring website information. (See ‘Your Choices’ for more information).
- Information about your SpotOn device. Your device’s serial number, firmware version, log files, settings, durations, error rates, fences you have created and stored, whether your dog is inside or out of the fence, your dog’s location if outside the fence, and other similar usage information.
- Information about your personal devices. The type of device you connect to or monitor through the Service, your devices’ unique device ID, the IP address of your devices, your operating systems, the type of internet browsers you use, information about the way you use the Services and activity on your network that the Services monitor.
- Location information. We collect precise location information regarding the location of the product. This provides you with the ability to know where your pet is.
For visitors from California:
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires we disclose the type of personal information we’ve collected on California residents in the past 12 months. In the past 12 months, we’ve collected the same types of data stated above.
How we use your personal information
Privacy law requires that businesses only use personal information for certain reasons. We use the personal information that you give and we collect for the following purposes:
Provide our products and services
- Process and track your order, provide the services you request like creating, activating, managing, sharing or downloading fences, and tracking your pet.
- Provide confirmation emails to verify your username and password, contact you regarding the status of an order, or troubleshoot app or device-specific uses and pet tracking requests.
- Improve our products and services, troubleshoot any issues you may have creating or managing fences, and troubleshoot any issues you may have using our products or services.
- Sending you email updates about new features, products, and services.
How we share your personal information
We may share data with vendors or third parties who:
- Facilitate product purchases and promotions.
- Host our website and perform website/app analytics.
- Help us communicate with you.
- Manage our advertising & marketing.
In addition, we may share information:
- To government or law enforcement officials in response to a lawful request by a public authority or in order to comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- As part of a business transition. In the event that OPS is sold or transferred, or in the event that substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, the Service and any personal information collected by us, will be among the transferred assets.
Read more about the specific vendors or third parties who receive your personal information, including those using cookies
Advertising Services Using Cookies and Related Technologies
Exercise your choices with the personal information we maintain about you
- Access the personal information we maintain about you.
- Delete the personal information we maintain about you, unless such information is necessary for compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Opt-Out of certain uses of your personal information. You can opt out of:
- Email marketing - unsubscribe to our email list [here].
- Tailored advertising using third party cookies - refer to our list of advertising services above for company-specific choices, or visit http://optout.aboutads.info to exercise an industry-wide opt-out. In addition, you may reject or delete cookies through your browser settings.
You can exercise these rights by contacting SpotOn at privacy@SpotOnFence.com
Read more if you are a resident of California >
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” gives California residents certain rights with respect to their personal information.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request a notice identifying the categories of your Personal Information which we share for business purposes and third parties marketing purposes. We’ve provided all this information [above].
- Request to know more about the specific pieces and categories of personal information we collect, use, sell and disclose.
- Request we delete your personal information.
- Opt out of the “sale” of your personal information.
- SpotOn does not ‘sell’ personal information for monetary gain. Regardless, you may still choose to opt-out of advertising services by referring to our list of advertising services [above] for company-specific choices, or visit http://optout.aboutads.info to exercise an industry-wide opt-out. You may also reject or delete cookies through your browser settings.
You may exercise these rights by contacting SpotOn at privacy@SpotOnFence.com.
We have implemented reasonable security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. It is important that you understand, however, that no website, Internet-connected device or online platform is completely secure. We cannot anticipate all potential misuse of your information, and as a result, cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please ask a parent or guardian for help using our website or purchasing any products. If you believe we have obtained personal information associated with children under the age of 13 (or 16 in California), please contact us at privacy@SpotOnFence.com and we will delete it.
Links on our website
This website may contain links to other websites or services. We do not control what information you provide, or is collected by these third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact SpotOn by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
7 Perimeter Drive Manchester, NH 03103 USA | 603.488.1504
Changes to this policy
We may revise this policy from time to time. Review it occasionally so that you keep up-to-date on our most current practices. We will put the effective date of the latest version at the top of each policy.