A Truly Wireless Outdoor Dog Fence
SpotOn’s GPS dog fence is the fence of the future. This no-dig dog fence is powered by GPS. With no installation, no costly maintenance, and no cell service needed.Shop Now
The best outdoor dog fence is the GPS fence that gives your dog freedom.
SpotOn’s GPS dog fence is the fence of the future. This no-dig dog fence is powered by GPS. With no installation, no costly maintenance, and no cell service needed.
ANY SHAPE, ANY SIZE, ANYWHERE
Create outdoor dog fences from ½ acre to 1,000+ acres. Fence through obstacles like water, heavy brush or buildings, and follow unusual property lines.
MOST RELIABLE & ADVANCED
Our patented True Location™ technology uses four GPS systems at once to maintain precise boundaries and keep tabs on your dog, making it the best outdoor dog fence.
FENCES AT HOME & AWAY
A convenient, outdoor dog fence for home and away. With no hardware to install, this wireless pet containment system works at home, at a 2nd home, on the go, or if you move.
How wireless pet containment systems work
Wireless pet containment systems have been a staple in pet containment solutions for over 40 years. Until very recently it has been the same technology一either a buried wire around your property or a circle transmitted from a base station in your basement or garage. Both these solutions use an electric dog collar to receive a radio frequency to keep the dog in bounds. Both were groundbreaking at the time but have some limitations that are easily overcome by the newest wireless fence technology一GPS fences for dogs.Shop Now
Why GPS is a great alternative for outdoor dog fences
When installing an outdoor dog fence, especially if you have a large property, the cost can be a significant factor. Compared to the cost of a typical, professionally installed buried wire fence, SpotOn’s no-dig, GPS dog fence provides more benefits for a fraction of the cost and no maintenance fees!
The new GPS fences use satellite navigation systems to keep your dog contained within a fence that you set. Relying on connection to satellite navigation systems, like the ones used by the air travel industry and smartphone map applications like Google Maps, GPS can fences position your dog with incredible accuracy (SpotOn GPS Fence tracks your dog with 25-30 satellites across four global satellite navigation systems) and are not affected by your location or the weather. Depending on the GPS dog fence you purchase, your fence can be extremely large, extremely customizable, and you can even make multiple fences for the same location一say one of the entire property for the day, and a smaller fence in the backyard for bathroom breaks at night.
How GPS dog fences work
The GPS fences work much the same way as the traditional wireless outdoor dog fences, using audible tones and a static correction at the border that emits from a GPS-enabled dog collar. SpotOn GPS Fence uses two tones and an optional vibration and/or static correction to keep your dog contained. Since the dog is trained to the tones, not a visual boundary or flags, you can take your GPS dog collar and you can take your GPS fence with you if you move or travel.
There are a few options for GPS fencing and depending on which you purchase, you can take advantage of different features. For instance, SpotOn Fence has a longer battery life than other GPS fences, offers an optional cell subscription which is available for Verizon or AT&T (other providers make you subscribe to cell), and has individually activated fences. Remember when we talked about fences for day and night above? You need to be able to activate fences individually to take advantage of that. Other GPS fence systems let you save multiple fences but since they are activated as a group, you can not have fences that share any GPS points- so the backyard/whole yard convenience goes out the window. SpotOn is the only GPS fence that lets you overlap fences and activate fences individually.
The difference between GPS dog containment and Geofence dog containment
As you research GPS fences, you may also come across solutions that offer geofences. Geofence dog collars are typically used as dog trackers, not GPS fences. These geofence dog collars will allow you to set a boundary around your property and will alert you when your dog leaves but do not offer audible tones, static correction, or any features that actually keep your dog contained within a boundary. They are typically much less expensive and their battery will last months but they do not offer the protection of a real GPS fence.
SpotOn GPS Fence 一 How it works
SpotOn replaces buried wires and base stations with GPS technology to provide the most advanced and reliable outdoor dog fence. Our patented True Location™ technology uses four global GPS systems一(GPS (US), Galileo (European Union), Glonass (Russia), and BeiDou (China)一 simultaneously to maintain precise boundaries and keep tabs on your dog. Connected to 25-30 satellites at once, your dog may think he’s roaming free, but SpotOn’s tech keeps him on a tight leash.
One of the only fencing systems available that is completely self-contained within the SpotOn dog collar and app, SpotOn’s GPS dog fence gives you the flexibility to create multiple outdoor dog fences wherever and whenever you need them. You can make unlimited custom fences, and easily store up to ten at a time with the touch of a button. This makes SpotOn the perfect solution for those who need a flexible wireless pet containment system一at home, on the go, or if they move.
SpotOn’s fences are GPS powered, and GPS is always on and available anywhere. So even if you are traveling to remote areas, it will still work, and the system has a special ‘Forest Mode’ to enhance GPS sensitivity in heavily wooded areas. And since the dog is trained to the tones instead of visual markers, it is easy to bring SpotOn anywhere, set up new fences, and have a seamless experience for your dog. SpotOn’s battery life for containment is about 22 hours, substantially longer than other GPS fences. Like your phone, it’s easy to charge in the car when you’re on the go.
SpotOn also works in water, difficult terrain, or other obstacles, and will lay a boundary right through that obstacle. Many SpotOn customers include part of a lake or other body of water in their boundary so their dog can go for a swim without going outside their fence.
You can give your dog freedom to explore outdoors in three easy steps:
Step one: Create a GPS dog fence
• Plan it — any size and shape as long as it's over a half-acre.
• Build it — Walk your planned boundary with SpotOn's dog collar and your phone.
• Save it — Use our smartphone app to name your fence and manage it.
Step two: Train your dog in three steps
• Watch our simple, professional training videos.
• Teach your dog to recognize SpotOn's canine-friendly tones, vibration, and (optional) static correction, so he stays inside the virtual fence.
• Rest assured that if your dog leaves the yard, SpotOn never corrects him for coming home.
Step three: Manage it all on your phone
• Build and save multiple fences — like one for roaming during the day and one to keep your dog closer to home at night.
• Turn individual fences on and off with a few taps.
• Keep tabs on your dog anytime and from anywhere and get instant alerts and real-time tracking if your dog leaves the yard.
Why SpotOn GPS Fence is the best solution for an outdoor dog fence
• Easy & quick setup. All you need is the SpotOn dog collar, the app, and your smartphone.
• No digging, installation or costly maintenance required with this outdoor dog gate.
• Different fences for different needs. Multiple fences on the same property can be used for different locations, days, times & seasons.
• Fully portable. You can take it with you when you move, travel, and visit friends & family. No power source needed.
• Unlimited custom GPS fences. Store up to ten at a time (for the price of one).
• Waterproof & all-weather proof for wherever your travel takes you; works in the rain, snow, mud, water & extreme temperatures.
• Enhanced GPS sensitivity with ‘Forest Mode’ for dense tree cover.
• Swimming within containment. Fence through the water so your dog can swim within the boundary.
• Flexible fence creation makes cutting through tricky terrain like marsh, forest & boulders a breeze.
• Instant circular fences pinpoint your location and create an instant GPS circular fence around you.
• Reliable containment and GPS tracking, with escape notifications if your dog breaches the boundary.
• Patented smart tech knows which way your dog is going and will never issue a static correction to a dog returning home.
• No boundary is too big. The SpotOn GPS Fence works from ½ acre to 1000’s of acres. The cost stays the same no matter the size of your fence.
See if SpotOn is right for you
If you can answer yes to these questions, SpotOn may be the right outdoor dog fence for you;
• Is your property size over a ½ acre?
• Is your dog’s neck size between 10-26 inches?
• Are you committed to training your dog to the system to keep him or her safe? You’ll need to train your dog (in your own yard) to learn SpotOn’s warning tones and feedback in order for him or her to recognize the fence boundaries.
See our customers’ experience using SpotOn as a portable dog fence
‘Having several fences is so much better than a smaller buried fence just around part of our home place. Willie can go with us to the places we go most often and still be safely contained.’ - Belinda J., Owner
“The SpotOn system has given Ursa the freedom to roam and play on 100+ wooded acres. True to her breed, she loves to stay outside, guarding our family and the chickens. Now she can do the job that she loves without me worrying about her going into the road or getting in trouble with neighbors.” – Heather S., Owner
“What an awesome product! Multiple boundaries, locating on the app, and how to find your dog if he gets out. PERFECT!” Being bred like he is, he has a very good nose and subsequently doesn’t miss much. It is good that the SpotOn system works with hunting dogs because they turn off most of their fears when they are tuned in to game. SpotOn does a great job of keeping him in check.” Clayton J., Owner