How Does SpotOn Use Bluetooth?0 comments
Q&A with Sung, VP of Engineering
Find out how SpotOn uses Bluetooth and what it's used for!
When using your SpotOn Virtual Fence, you can utilize Bluetooth functionality in two ways - through the app or collar to collar. In the app, you can enable Bluetooth to train your pup and set the static correction level. If you have more than one pup, you can also utilize Bluetooth on the collar to share maps between two systems!
To use Bluetooth, ensure that your map has been deactivated before beginning the below steps. When Bluetooth goes unused, it will automatically disconnect. To reconnect, please follow the steps below.
- Ensure Bluetooth and Location Services are enabled on your smartphone
- Power on your SpotOn collar (exit out of any notifications received when powering up the collar) and make note of the white “BT” in the upper left-hand corner of the collar display.
- In the SpotOn app, select the Bluetooth button in the upper left-hand corner of the home screen (blue circle with white “B”)
- Select “SO-SPOTON” (or “SO-[your dog’s name]" if Tracking is activated) from the device list.
- NOTE: once selected, you will be returned to the app’s home screen.
- Select “Training” from the app’s home screen. The icons should now be displayed in color (they are grey when disconnected) and you can adjust your static correction level. Ensure connectivity on the collar by noting the “BT” on the display has changed from white to blue.